In recent years, the rapidly transforming environment surrounding management organizations is bringing about unprecedented changes in various aspects of organizations, while there are widespread calls to build new business paradigms for addressing such changes. In order to investigate new approaches to organizations and people in the 21st century, it is necessary to develop innovative problem-solving perspectives as well as new fields and methods of research.
In response to such demands, the Japanese Association of Administrative Science conducts the following kinds of activities.
- Deployment of research activities for seeking the optimum relationship between organizations and people
- Understanding of administrative behavior based on demonstrative data, and promotion of hypothesis-testing research
- Internationalization of administrative science research
- Multidisciplinary research oriented towards the resolution of real problems
- Interchange between research and practical work centered on joint research with business experts
- Enhancement of the JAAS journal “Japanese Journal of Administrative Science” as a platform for improving the performance of members
- Administrative science education and training of researchers via publishing activities, seminars and the like
JAAS strongly seeks active participation in research and input of original problem awareness from business experts directly involved in the dynamic application of administrative behaviors in everyday activities, as well as young researchers who are endowed with innovative ideas and problem awareness. We ask for your participation in cooperating with the ongoing development of JAAS from now on.
Dr. Midori Egawa, President